DEPARTMENT OF DERMATOLOGY AND VENEROLOGY:|
Periodic academic activities held in the department:
Theory classes and clinical care discussions taken for Undergraduate students during OP hours.
No.of units in the department : 1
OP days & Timings : All days (except sunday) at 8.00 Am to 12 Noon
IP Unit & Admission day : I Unit & Monday to Saturday
Bed strength : 3
Average OP : 80 cases/day
Average IP :10 cases/month
Special Clinics : Hansen’s clinic on every Wednesday
Laboratory tests performed:
1. Skin scraping for fungus
2. slit skin smear for acid fast bacilli
3. Skin biopsy
4. Rapid plasma Reagin test
6. Hb%, Blood grouping and typing, Urine examination, bleeding and clotting
1. STD counselling
2. VCTC counselling
3. All Veneral disease drug kits issued
4. PPTCT(preparation of parent to child transmission) care for antenatal women
5. Referral to ART centre
6. HIV-TB co infection referral services.
7. Referal to & from TI-NGO’s (Targeted Intervention- Non Governmental organization)
8. Issue of condoms free of cost.