|::Departments : Clinical : Paediatric Medicine|
DEPARTMENT OF PAEDIATRIC MEDICINE
This department was started in November 2008 with OPD and Inpatient service.
It functions from 7.30 Am to 12.00 noon every day
Well baby clinic and Immunization clinic : on Wednesday’s
Seizure clinic : on Thursday’s
Nutrition clinic : on Monday’s
Average OP in 2010 : 50-60/day
in 2012 : 100-150 cases/day
PICU : 5 beds
Paediatric ward : 2 units with 30 beds each
New born ward : 20 beds
All emergency paediatric cases are referred directly from casualty.
Admissions: 2-3 per day.
- Status Spilepticus, Scorpian envinomation presenting with shock, Myocardities
- Snake Envinomation , Broncho pnuemonia with respiratory failure
- congenital heart disease with CHF
- Cyanotic Heart disease with Hyper cyanotic spell
- AGN with HT
- We have protocol for management of all cases and we follow the same treatment.
We have 120-150 admissions/month
Room for out Born Babies:
New born ward:
Open care system warmer : 15
incubator : 1
Phototherapy unit : 6
Level 3 : We admit sick cases
Level 2 : step down from level 3
Level 1 : Step down from level 2 and cases admitted for observation
from maternity wards.
- Regular staff nurses trained in new born care and NRHM staffs trained in New Born resuscitation and essential NB care work round the clock.
- Death audit is conducted monthly by NRHM Regional Director for NB death cases.
UG students ( first Clinical year) are posted in Batches at paediatric dept. from April 2012. They attend paediatric OPD and Ward. We have two clinical sessions. At the end of the postings symposium is conducted in ward for the students.
on every Saturday’s paediatric teaching faculties discuss the problem cases and the treatment of the cases.
Asst. Prof. in paed. dept do the round the clock duty in paediatric ward and NB ward
To improve the PICU with all needed facilities.
To bring down the mortality in NB ward and improve the preterm care.