DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL PREVENTIVE MEDICINE:
The department of Community Medicine was started in the year 2011.
The department is headed by Professor and the teaching faculty includes Associate Professor, Asst. Professor, Tutors, Health Officer, Entomologist, Statistician, Public Health Engineer and Public Health Nurse.
Course Handled: Undergraduate Course: 1st, 2nd and 3rd year MBBS students.
Periodic Academic Activities:
- Group Discussions
- Participating in Integrated Disease Surveillance Project.
PHC’s attached with he Medical College
- Adiyakkamangalam PHC
- Perumpannaiyur PHC
Urban Health Centre:
- Malaria clinic
- Clinical social case examination – Field survey
- Dengue awareness campaign – Recently
- Milk dairy visit
- ICDS visit
- TB clinic
- ART clinic
- Primary Health Centre
- Biomedical waste management
- National Vector Borne Disease control programme.
- Tuberculosis in India
- HIV – EPIDEMIOLOGY
- Noon meal programme
- Swing flu
- Mosquito Management
- VACCINE – INTRODUCTION